Saturday, March 01, 2008

Of Strains & Pains... And A Foul Smell...

Despite all my reading up on child birth and taking care of children (admittedly, not a whole lot... but sufficient enough... or so I thought!)...

There is one particular ailment that mothers are especially susceptible to...

I have fallen "victim" to this too in the last few days...

What is it?

A strained thumb.

And the cause of this?

From carrying my b0uncy baby for too long in a particular position!

Well... All those many trips to the doctor's to blame! Hahaha...

Anyhow, after a few days of "self-medication" (read: applying Yoko-yoko and salon pas on the affected area), I finally relented to go see a Chinese sinseh.

And you must know me... I have an EXTREMELY low threshold for pain. Yes, I know I've given birth, but that was PAINFREE (thanks to the very good epidural!). I was sooooooooooo reluctant to go see a Chinese sinseh for fear of pain.

But as the strain in my thumb was causing my great great PAIN...

"When the pain to change becomes LESS than the pain of remaining the same... Change happens!"

And so I went down to Roxy Square to find myself a Chinese sinseh. And I am glad to report I managed to stumble upon one that is GOOD. (Read: Believes in the 柔 or soft method of treatment.)

Now my hand's had some smelly ointment applied to it, wrapped and (almost) ready to go! Just need 1 or 2 more trips back to the sinseh!

No comments: