Thursday, July 19, 2012

Talkative Thursday: My second prince

I think I don’t blog about Xav enough.

With Jay, I was blogging on and on about him. Kinda seems that I’ve neglected this cute little fella… but let me assure you he has a SPECIAL place in my heart, and so today’s post is ALL about him.

As the older one, Jay is obviously my favourite. His laughter, his wit, his obsession with dinosaurs and Transformers. What a delight he is!

But Xav is adorable, his cheeky sideways glance never fails to bring a smile to my face – and so he is my favourite too. The fact that friends frequently comment he looks like me (in a positive way) doesn’t have any bearing on the fact I play favourites. Nope, none at all.

I do see why they say Xav looks like me. But really, to me… it’s only the eyes. Cos every other part is just like… Jay.

It was a Sunday afternoon, and Jay was still fast asleep on the bed after a tiring morning in church (and playing at the Kids@Play area – which is his absolute favourite part of church!) and so I had a little one-on-one time with my favourite boy.

With a simple activity – playing catch! Haha!
X 
Oh, and please don’t ask me what happened to his cheeks. Sigh. It is a combo of a skin irritation + scratching that caused this large reddish thing on his cheeks! I’ve tried pretty much almost everything: doctor-recommended cream, aloe vera lotion, moisturizers, Zumbak… even If anyone has some “instant” cure, please tell me! I am getting a tad desperate to find a good solution. And his hair is begging for a cut, but still pretty cute in a shaggy dog kind of way. But I guess it adds up to his “baby” look still.

But blemishes, shaggy hair and all… I love my little man. And boy oh boy, I am glad that my little man loves his mummy too!

Xav at almost-16 months and counting…

Share your Talkative Thursday posts – link up today! ;)
Talkative Thursdays

Powered by Linky Tools

1 comment:

Madeline Heng said...

He looks exactly like you! Lol. And yes, I was about to ask about the red cheeks but thanks for sharing. I thought it was face paint or my eyes were playing tricks on me lol