Monday, August 13, 2012

Pasta & Chicken… another #CookForFamily Attempt

After my last, erm, fiasco attempt at my Breakfast for Champs post… which, truth be told, is a stretch to be called cooking – more like… preparation.

So I decided to give it a half-decent shot again.

I had a friend who raved about this simple Roast Chicken recipe. Oh, make that the PERFECT Roast Chicken recipe. I read through. Hmm. Doable. But one thing. I only started prepping for dinner at 6 p.m. And the recipe called for the chicken to cook for an hour and 20 mins. *cough*

So, I kinda modified the recipe. A little.

IMG_8006

I bought some free range chicken from the nearby NTUC Finest (and they looks so succulent!) and cooked them with my trusty Happycall Pan, with a drizzle of olive oil, some sea salt and a dash of black pepper.

And for the mains, for the sake of my two boys, I got a packet of this.

IMG_8000

Animal shaped pasta!

IMG_8005

My adorable turtle!

IMG_8004

And there you have it, a simple tomato based pasta with mushrooms and sausage, and a yummy juicy chicken drumstick to go along!

In fact, I may even try out the actual recipe one day!

Linking up with Susan’s Motivational Monday!

www.ajugglingmom.com

No comments: