Thursday, August 23, 2012

Review: Siloam Therapeutic & Spa

I was recently invited to try out a newly-opened spa's signature treatment... And you know, just the word "spa" has a magical and immediate effect on me.

And so I travelled to a place ill-frequented by me but probably familiar to many, many of you.... Bukit Timah Plaza! I found myself in this "strange land" so-to-speak, and nestled in a corner of the mall was the spa – Siloam Therapeutic & Spa.

It was like stepping into a different world.

From the old-world style shopping centre, entering the spa was like entering a brand new world.

IMG_8255

The smell of the essential oils, the soothing background music. Aaah, I was prepared for a great pampering session! Ruth, the spa manager, was on hand to show me the various treatments available and the distinctive of the spa, and recommended that I try their signature treatment – the Divine Moor Mud Therapy, which consists of 60 minutes of Moor Mud Therapy followed by a 30 minute facial.

Due to her extensive experience in the industry, she managed to secure the right to use the brand Kerstin Florian, which uses natural ingredients such as thermal mineral water, mud, algae etc, and is a regular showing at major spas as well.

IMG_8257

Now, I have tried a couple of spa treatments before – but moor mud? I had no idea what it was about! Ruth also helped to shed some light on the benefits of moor mud, which the spa gets from Czech Republic. The moor mud is put in a permeable film and a heat pack placed over it, and the heat will cause the moor mud to be “activated” and do its magic.

IMG_8259

This is one of the three treatment rooms in the spa.

IMG_8261 

Products I will get to use later!

The warmth of the heat pack coupled with a soothing deep massage made for a relaxing time where I found myself dozing off! Haha… 90 minutes later, a very satisfied me emerged.

IMG_8265

Albeit with bed-hair. (Grainy photos are due to the low lighting within the spa, of course).

All in all, it was a five-star experience!

This month, the spa is also running an opening special, so you can enjoy the Divine Moor Mud Therapy and other treatments at a discounted price!

Promotion-A4-Poster

Siloam Therapeutic & Spa
Address: 1 Jalan Anak Bukit Timah, Bukit Timah Plaza, #01-02, Singapore 588996
Tel No: 6467 7991
Website: www.siloam.com.sg

Disclaimer: I was offered a complimentary spa treatment. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.

No comments: