Thursday, October 16, 2008

Having A Backward Glance...

Just for fun, I went to see my first few entries on this blog...

I started this blog in Aug 2006 (how time flies!). We were then right smack in the 'heat' of my marriage preparations & so wanted to just note my thoughts back then for us to reminisce! Haha...

But I also happened to see a blog entry where I talked about PASSION fuelling your vision. And how the thing that stirs u will often be the area where God wants you to develop.

Well, that is really so true. If I look at my work load now, compared to a mere 2 years ago, I am really swamped with work that requires 'word-power'. I am a high-I person,(i.e. Sanguine) In other words, totally NOT given to details. But yet all that I do now requires a lot of attention to detail when it comes to my written reports. Alignments... Formatting... Spellchecking... Use of words... Sentence structure...

And the bulk of my work week now is either spent writing (Minutes... Policies... Statements... Emails...) or it is spent reviewing and editing (Minutes... Policies... Statements... Emails...)!

But I guess this is what it means to live in the purpose of God. As you build on your Strength (what u are good in), your Distinctive (where u differ from others) and your Revelation (what God is saying to u), then the way you should live life becomes clearer!

I remember too! When I first started working in chc, I told my boss when she asked me what I liked to do and I said "hmm... I dunno, but I guess I like to write..." Hahaha! God has a sense of humor. :) Moral of this story? Be careful what you wish for! Haha!

No comments: