Saturday, February 28, 2009

Wanderlust Part 1

Last week in the office, Grace was excitedly telling about how airfares have dropped, and an air-ticket to Taiwan was now only less than S$400! This really “stirred” up my desire to want to TRAVEL!!!

And Taiwan was such a fun place for me. I’ve been there about three or four times already, mostly with church friends, but I’ve enjoyed it so much!

It is such an interesting place! I loved walking and discovering their night markets, and basking in the sights and sounds of Taiwan!

Here are some of my photos from my past trips!

Image083 
This was a hilarious shot (I thought!) Walking by myself down one of the streets, I saw someone fixing this sign. It says “Xin Ju Dan” – or literally New Huge Egg! Haha! It actually refers to a convention centre that they have, and it is curiously egg-shaped. Though I knew this, nevertheless the first thing that came to my mind when I saw that arrow sign was, “So what did they do with the old egg?”

Image080

Image081
On one particular trip, I travelled from Kaohsiung to Taipei (from the south to the north of Taiwan) in a matter of days. My travelling partner and I took various modes of transport to experience. We tried the bullet train & luxury coaches (like the photo above).  The bus only had 10-over huge couches, and each couch was a massage chair, and the in-bus entertainment? Watching the local TV shows on the small TV screen!

Image086
One of the MANY night markets I went too! Check out the crowd! :)

Image126 
Xi Men Ding in Taipei! Awesome place to shop!!!

Image155 
Time of this photo: 5AM (!!) Cynthia & I were about to leave for the airport but we just couldn’t resist taking a cab for a VERY early morning breakfast at our favourite “liang mian” stall! It looks simple but it tastes heavenly!

Writing this entry has brought back many fond memories!

3 comments:

MsTypo said...

You look remarkably awake and functioning for 5am. Wow! You will never see photos of me at that hour becuase i probably would have killed the photographer and put teh camera somewhere indelicate. I'm not a morning person. LOL

Femina said...

Dropping by from SITS. That bus looks pretty awesome. I wonder if I could get one like that to take me to work... :)

Unknown said...

Wow, i love the food and shopping in taiwan too!