Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Of story-telling and treasure-hunting

On the invitation of the Health Promotion Board, Jay and I went for a special Family Night Out event!

Held at the Health Zone, the evening begun with a Treasure Hunt, as each family was given a list of questions, and the answers were found in the big exhibition within the Health Zone.

IMG_3170

We never stood a chance. To win the hunt, I mean. Seeing how Jay was much more taken with the play areas and different activity stations within the Zone.

HZ

HZ2

We had a fun time around the exhibits, as I also took the chance to “teach” my three-year-old about healthy snacking!

After the Treasure Hunt, the kids had a chance to prepare their own healthy eats – a low-fat yoghurt with cereal, raisins and popcorn.

HZ3

The kids were supposed to be the cooks. But my boy has my genes. He is more interested in the taste-testing. Haha!

We also had a special interactive story-telling. And the story-teller was an unexpected person – Alvin, who used to be an ex-colleague! (I think he was as shocked to see me, haha!)

IMG_3230

IMG_3232

Hanzel & Gretel came alive under his animated story-telling!

Well, it was an educational trip, and Jay has been asking to go back!

 sba-2011-family

Have you heard? SANses has been nominated in the Best Family Blog category in the Singapore Blog Awards 2011! It’s my first time being nominated, so your vote is much appreciated! You can vote once a day from now till 3 July 2011 – so please vote now!

No comments: