Thursday, June 09, 2011

So I will be meeting Emeritus Senior Minister… *gulp*

It all started with Facebook.

image 

And just today, I got an email reply. So I will really be meeting with ESM Goh Chok Tong. Exciting! Hahaha! Well, what to expect? It is really a session for him to “hear” from the ground, and prior to this, ESM asked what the concerns on the ground were. No surprises that the “usual suspects” like education, foreign labour, housing, transport were hotly debated.

I think I am a pretty opinionated person. Clarity of thought and brevity of speech just needs some work though. Haha!

However, I confess… the reason why I even submitted my interest in this session in the first place… I blame sleep deprivation. In that haze of fatigue and clouded judgement, I have NO IDEA why I decided I had pertinent and clear enough opinions to be in a discussion session with ESM. I saw the words “education”, and vaguely thought about the fact that Jay would be going to Primary 1 in a few years’ time… and I saw the word “transport” and thought about the astronomical costs of owning a car and the public transportation. But honestly, nothing really concrete in my brain.

Well, I have a couple more days to mull over what I want to say. That should be sufficient time for me to come out with some intelligent (or at the very least, intelligent-sounding) questions! Haha!

P.S. If you have any questions you can suggest for me to ask ESM, comment away! Or you can drop me an email or a tweet!

~~~

sba-2011-familyHave you heard? I am a finalist in the Best Family Blog at the 2011 Singapore Blog Awards!

You can vote once a day, so I’d appreciate if you can take the time to cast a vote for SANses – today! ;)

No comments: