Sunday, August 21, 2011

Brunching with the boys

Weekends are fabulous. And when coupled with precious time spent with the three men of my life, it is perfection. And when I read Daphne’s awesome post about The Tanglin Tree, I knew we had to also make a trip too!

First off, the food…

IMG_3960

Ordered the Spag Bolo off the kids’ menu for Jay. He wiped off more than half (translated: thumbs up from him).

IMG_3961

I ordered the Garlic Prawn Spaghetti. Juicy prawns!

IMG_3962

Nic’s beer battered fish & chips. Passable, but he prefers the one from Wild About Wings.

But honestly, it’s not about the food.

IMG_3969 

It’s about leaving his slippers behind…

IMG_3940

And going for a spin ‘round the outside playground!

IMG_3944

He was trying to convince me to get into the playhouse with him, by telling me “the ceiling is so high, Mummy.” Thanks sweetheart. It’s not the ceiling I am concerned about. It’s the floor. *ahem*

IMG_3956

IMG_3948

IMG_3974

IMG_3978

In short… Jay adored this place! He climbed up, slid down, flying-foxed to and fro. In short, he had a whale of a time!

How about my other prince?

IMG_3965 

He wasn’t taking that well to the heat! But eventually he succumbed, and finally slept, allowing Mummy some time to sit back and sip some Coke…

IMG_3981

While Bear-bear keeps a lookout for him.

Well, I guess it is only a matter of months before Xav will be running-stumbling after his brother. (My back is aching just at the thought. Sigh.)

Any suggestions for restaurants/cafes where there’s entertainment for the kiddos as well?

No comments: