Monday, October 17, 2011

Leaf Painting

IMG_4612

Following Jay’s first lesson at WOWArt, he went again and took his artwork from the previous week home – Leaf Painting!

IMG_4614 

I thought it was pretty cool that the teachers would get the students to sign off on their artwork – so this is Jay’s version of his name, the flipped “J” notwithstanding. But this is his first time ever writing his name, so yippee for that!

IMG_4609

IMG_4607

I enjoy the classroom setting. I think there is something casually, messily and naturally artistic about how the used tools are laid, and the table is splattered with paint, crayon, ink and whatnot!

IMG_4600IMG_4601

While leaf painting seemed simple, I liked the idea that the lessons had a common theme – because last week’s lesson was painting of a tree. Kudos to the teachers for being able to hold the attention of my normally cheeky jumpy boy!

Never thought I’d be sending him to Art classes – cos both Nic & I are hardly artistic people ourselves… Haha!

No comments: