Thursday, June 21, 2012

Talkative Thursday

I love doing the Wordless Wednesday posts.

I enjoy finding a nice photo to sum up my week,

I enjoy seeing other pretty photos other WW bloggers put up as well.

All really… but for one eensy-weensy part. The Wordless part. That I don’t do too well.

So far, I’ve managed to blog with LessWords, but somehow LessWords Wednesdays doesn’t have quite the same ring to it! So inspired by fellow Mummy blogger Klessis, Talkative Thursdays seem to be the way to go (for someone like me)!

See? I even found a co-operative Xavier to up the “cute” factor of this blog post.

IMG_7295

And my musing this week is from a Bible verse. My cell group is reading through the chapters of Proverbs together, and I decided to embark on this book by reading The Message version. The first two verses of Proverbs chapter 1 says “These are the wise sayings of Solomon, David's son, Israel's king - Written down so we'll know how to live well and right, to understand what life means and where it's going.”

And I think as parents, it is doubly true for us. Not only do we need to live well and right for ourselves – we also have the responsibility to teach this to our kids!

There is just so much I want for my children. I want for them to be happy, to be healthy, to have the freedom to pursue their dreams, to know and love God… But at the end, I think Proverbs has pretty much summed up my thoughts, hopes and desires as a parent: For both my sons to live well and live right, and to understand what life means and where it is going.

Link up with SANses today … and I even created a simple grab button! :)

Talkative Thursdays

No comments: