Monday, July 16, 2012

Singapore Food Festival

It was a lazy Sunday afternoon, and the kids were waking from their long naps (after a morning in church). On the spur of the moment, I decided to bring the kiddos to the Singapore Food Festival, happening at the Waterfront Promenade at Marina Bay.

sgfoodfest1

Saw these young girls posing in front of the sign. If I were (quite literally) 10 years younger and without my two kids, I might do that too. Might. But with the kiddos in hand, this is the best I can do – cos I have no wish to plod down the muddy field. Hahaha!

It was a pretty huge tent, with so many stalls. The first thing I did was to get the special edition of the Nets Flashpay card – to enjoy the 20% savings of all the stalls at the Food Fest ($12 to buy, with a $7 stored value).

IMG_7950

Check out what we ordered!

sgfoodfest

The seafood platter from Seafood Paradise, original chicken drumlets from Neo Garden and the yummy pasta from Covelli Italian Bistro & Wine Bar.

sgfoodfest4

Jay enjoyed the prawn fritters from Neo Garden! The two boys were hungry – and thankfully we reached just after 6 p.m., which meant the place was not too crowded and we managed to get the food fast.

sgfoodfest2

Cos if you see their faces, you know… Patience is definitely not in their dictionary.

Oh, but a huge minus… there were no baby chairs! That simple gesture would have made my evening PERFECT. (Now, I will settle for an 8 upon 10. Haha!)

Nic also ordered another dish from Covelli…

sgfoodfest6

Okay… there was supposed to be FOUR of these little babies. But my baby wolfed down two before I could whip out the iPhone. This is a very unique dessert called “Squid Ink Meringue with Sea Urchin-Mango Cheese Mousse.” Sounds a bit weird, and the black look was off-putting for Jay… but Xavier LAPPED. IT. UP. So much so that I stood in front of the stall for about 30 seconds after we had our dinner, and contemplated buying another box home. Haha! Didn’t do it… cos I figured I can pop over before the last day again! Haha! Warning though… It is a super crumbly dessert, and you’ve got to be gentle with these meringues. Loved this dessert!

There were so many other stalls that we didn’t have the stomach for unfortunately… and so we may pop by again!

The Singapore Food Festival Village will be open from 13 to 22 July 2012, from 11 a.m. to 11.30 p.m. daily. Admission is free!

Disclaimer: All opinions here 100% mine, no compensation received.

No comments: