Wednesday, December 02, 2009

My Very Own Phone Pest

Honest, I totally hate it when people call you on the phone and insist on not identifying themselves and say inane things like, “Guess who I am?”

It irks me.

It irks me.

IT IRKS ME A LOT!

I mean, like… what is your problem? I know my phone plan allows for incoming calls to be free, but hey, my time is still precious, ya know? What are you, like 10 years old? (Sorry to all the 10 year olds out there who don’t even do such things…)

I have my very own phone pest.

He calls me from a ‘unknown’ number (thus making me unable to call back and blast him) and talks with a drawl (that I think makes him think he is one cool cat. But in reality is irritating) and goes “Hey… hi… it’s me again…”

Oh. My. Goodness.

The first time he called, I asked him who he was (very politely and nicely, cos I thought I honestly forgot who he was, and was so apologetic!) … and even from that 1st phone call, he refused to say who he was, and insisted I guess. I mean, I don’t know. How to guess? Gosh. I cannot begin to express my irritation at this guy!

But that initial phone conversation went on for maybe five minutes, all along with me asking him who he was and he trying to coyly asking me to guess. Then I decided to put the phone down. Nic (who heard my end of the conversation) asked me:

“Who was that, dear?”

“I have no idea!”

“Then why waste so much time talking to him?”

Aah… Words of wisdom from the wise. Nic would know. He has experience handling people with mental illnesses, and sometimes attention is the one thing they crave and seek after.

But since then, this phone pest has tried calling me several times, and never ceases on that same “But you KNOW who I am” line…

So dear sir, if you are also my blog stalker as well… and in case I wasn’t clear on the phone…

I don’t know who you are. I am not going to guess. Either tell me who you are. Or do not call me. Ever. Again.

Ok, end of rant! Haha!

6 comments:

Kathleen said...

People can be so strange!

thatgirlblogs said...

creepy!

SurferWife said...

How crazy that you have a crank caller! I thought those people were snuffed out in the 90's when caller ID came around!
Visiting from Sits!

Unknown said...

That is crazy. Who would do something like that? I hope they leave you alone soon : ) Your baby is SO adorable. Oh my gosh ADORABLE! Just love the pictures of your sweetie!

龙哥 said...

maybe that guy is interested in/stalking you? u nv know... creepy people everywhere.

or maybe, he's a professional prankster!

Anonymous said...

How about when people call and ask you who you are?

If you call me you know who you're calling so why do you ask?

That SENDS me! Another thing, I HATE VOICE MAIL. Hate it. Text me. I don't want to have to put in a password to hear you. Besides, I probably lose the connection in the middle and have to call back in to hear it. AAHHH!!!!

Rant over.

Popping in from SITS.

xx
Cristina