Saturday, June 12, 2010

A “Despite Of” Love

image

Love is something that is at once the easiest thing in the world to do.

And at the same time the hardest.

From the time of the “I Do” at the wedding aisle, a man and a woman commits to each other. For better or worse. For richer or poorer. In sickness and in health. It is a “despite of” kind of love and commitment.

Despite of my own feelings, whether I feel like it or not, love means sticking to my commitment.

Despite of the circumstances, love means continually believing and continually praying.

Love never fails.

Even when you don’t know what to do or how to react, but as the decision is made to love… things will fall into place.

So much has been written about the CHC saga. And I know many questions are raised. Half of which we will not know the answers to. While this may perplex many, answers aren’t needed in my commitment to my church. I don’t need to know everything now. I don’t need to have all the answers now. I don’t need to have the explanations now. I don’t need to figure it all out now. I don’t need to point fingers now. I don’t.

Some time back, I went through quite an emotional period. Not knowing why the matter happened. Not understanding why it had to happen to me. Even now, thinking about it literally takes my breath away in sadness.

So you see, when things don’t go well in your loved one’s life, you don’t need to know or understand everything all at once. You just need to love. Be around. Be supportive. Show your solidarity. Be the friend you should be.

In this time of my church’s life, I want to do that too. Stand. Pray. Believe. And most importantly, LOVE.

No comments: