Thursday, June 02, 2011

June holidays have come… and some ways to entertain your preschooler

Here’re some places you can bring your pre-schooler to during the June holidays!

(Nope, I haven’t done any of these. Yet. The June hols has only just started, ya know… But hey, a plan is always good. I took some time to do some research of fun places to bring Jay to. But don’t judge me if I don’t manage to do them all!)

Storytelling Comes Alive!
When? Every Wednesday to Sunday, from 28 May to 26 June, at 11.30am, 230pm or 530pm
Where? Images of Singapore Forecourt, Imbiah Lookout, Sentosa
Cost? Free!
Why? I am pretty keen to bring Jay for this. He enjoys his bedtime stories, so he would probably enjoy this “award-winning” (their words, not mine) renditions of Jack & The Beanstalk, Goldilocks & the Enormous Turnip.
Extras: Well, your kid may be inspired to be the next Enid Blyton… or something. Also, there are also other workshops (fee chargeable), but looking at the list, it might suit kids probably a little older than Jay is now. Check out the Sentosa website for more details.

Zoolympix 2011
When? 23 May to 12 June, 10am to 4pm
Where? Singapore Zoo
Cost? $2 registration fee (but usual entrance fees apply too, of course)
Why? The zoo is always a perennial fave for my animal-mad son! Haha! The Zoolympix will be another avenue to entertain him, apart from the usual giraffe-feeding and elephant-riding. There’s a whole series of fun activities to keep those kiddos entertained, so yeah, I am planning to bring Jay for this too. If you go over the weekend, there are other additional activities as well. Check out the Singapore Zoo website for more details.
Extras: Well, your kid may be inspired to be the next Steve Irwin… or something. And hey, you never know, you might just win some of the prizes that are up for grabs!

Planet Shark
imageWhen? 16 April to 21 August, 10am to 4pm
Where? Singapore Science Centre
Cost? Adult: $21 & Child (3-16 yrs): $16 (including entry into the Centre)
Why? I am a closet science geek. By this, I don’t mean I scored that great in Science in school. (Studies is really more a hubby thing, ya know). But hey, I love to watch CSI, ya know. Haha! Science Centre has always been a fun place for me, and I’m always amazed at the exhibits. Seeing how Jay loves Animal Planet, he might also enjoy the shark exhibits up close and personal. Apart from this exhibit, there’s also the usual array of fancy science stuff that will entertain (or at least occupy) their curious minds.
Extras: Well, your kid may be inspired to be the next Einstein… or something.

Art Garden
When?
3 June to 30 August
Where? Singapore Art Museum
Cost? Adult: $10 & Student: $5. Free for children 6 and under.
Why? Nothing like instilling some culture when they are young! Plus, the Museum has loads of animated films specially catered for ages 2 and up.
Extras: Well, your kid may be inspired to be the next Van Gogh… or something.

Family-Cycling!
When?
Anytime!
Where? East Coast Parkway (though other places might have too)
Cost? (I have no idea… sorry!)
Why? Too cute! This is on my must-do-and-take-loads-of-photos list! A blog entry paints a thousand words. I haven’t done this yet, but she has. Also, I cannot cycle for nuts. Yes. I am a bicycle-idiot. So this might be the only way I get to cycle with Jay and Xav. Unfortunately I probably need to wait a couple more months for Xav to be able to sit upright by himself. And the BIG plus… the canopy over the bicycles. This bicycle covers my top two peeves about cycling: perspiring and falling to my death. Major point-earner, this!
Extras: Well, your kid may be inspired to be the next… erm… Lance Armstrong? Haha! At least he or she will get some sun.

Well, these are just a few of the holiday fun you can have this June holidays. Church also has a couple of activities, and I am planning to send Jay to some of those as well.

I used to think “Jay’s so young… wait till he grows older and I can really have fun with him.” Well, in a twinkling of an eye, he’s already 3+! Those activities and places I thought might be a bit too tough for him – well, guess what? He can do those already! Can’t and shan’t procrastinate spending time with my very chatty prince!

No comments: