Sunday, January 15, 2012

Bedtime with Mummy

Bedtime duty used to be pretty equally shared between Daddy & I.

And I don't know when my prince decided that MUMMY and MUMMY alone should the one to make him sleep. He'd even bargain with us. "Mummy make me sleep at night, and Daddy'll make me sleep in the afternoon." Knowing full well that he is in school on weekdays (and on weekends, he'd happily forget this bargain as well)



It used to be a 45-60 minute struggle to make him sleep. But thankfully nowadays it's SO much easier! All he needs is a good 5 minute talk on any topic under the sun, a prayer, and he would turn to me, smile and say "Goodnight Mummy!"

Aaaah.... Bliss.

It also helps he never fails to bring a smile to my face with his before-bedtime antics.

Like belting out songs from Bruno Mars. "When I see your face, there's not a thing that would change cos u're AMAZING.... JUST THE WAY YOU ARRREEEEEEE...."

Jay (unfortunately) seems to have inherited my pitching. Which sad to say is barely tolerable. Which gives Daddy MORE motivation to send bum for some formal music training. Some things need to be rescued from young. Haha!

O, and prayer time. I love praying with Jay (or rather, hearing his prayers).

And if you follow my tweets, you'd have read his recent prayers... Here's a sampling.

"Dear Jesus, thank you for a wonderful day at the beach! I played the car, had prawns and ice-cream. Jesus please take away Xavier's cough and phlegm. Can u please make him healthy... (pause) and can you make him walk so he can run with me? In Jesus' name I pray, AMEN!"

"Thank You God for a wonderful day. Bless Mummy, bless Daddy, bless Didi, bless Titah. Amen."

"Jesus, please make Christmas come faster. I want to open all my presents. Please tell Mummy & Daddy to buy more dinosaurs for me. I already have e brachiosaurus, the triceratops, the T-Rex and the stegosaurus. I want the velociraptor & the spinning dinosaur, and ALL the dinosaurs in the world. All twenty thousand!!!"
(well, God apparently answered his prayer cos he managed to convince all and sundry to buy dinosaurs for him! Haha!)

And yes... He's just about to turn four. Only. Yikes...


1 comment:

mummybean said...

Such sweet prayers! Noey's still prays very randomly and I have trouble getting him to take it seriously!