Friday, April 06, 2012

A day with Jay

This is obviously a long overdue post. But during the last day of the March school holidays, I took a day off to spend with my little boy.

The agenda of the day was pretty simple. I just wanted to spend the day with my little chatterbox, and so after dropping off Xavier at the office nursery, we proceeded for some yummy breakfast at Old Town & White Coffee.

IMG_6546 

Jay has a habit of bringing along a toy whenever we go out, and this time round, the Dinosaur Train flash cards amply entertained him!

IMG_6544 

IMG_6547

I enjoy eating breakfast… especially one that happens leisurely over a cup of coffee!

IMG_6548 

Being the last day of the March holidays, WowArt offered a free workshop to Jay and one of my readers, Irene and her son Kean! Irene chose the Glass Painting, and I was pretty excited for Jay to go for this, especially since it was some time since his last art lesson. Given the distance, we decided to pull Jay out… and wait for WowArt to open their studio in the east (which I heard… should be soon!)

But this is a familiar place for Jay, and he quickly warmed to the place and got down to creating some gorgeous art-piece!

IMG_6552

The kids in the class proudly showing off their finished artwork!

IMG_6565

This is a close up of what Jay did, which now has pride of place at Daddy’s workplace!

IMG_6570

While Jay was busy … so was I, as I met Nic for a second breakfast. Haha! Near the WowArt studio was this little Bakery House Cafe… a hidden gem of traditional breakfasts!

IMG_6563

Entering the shop, the smell of baking bread was yummylicious!

IMG_6562

Aah… I love my breakfasts, and the coffee and toast bread at this shop was divine!

No comments: