Monday, April 09, 2012

My first taste of … homework!

I mean… Jay is in pre-school. Seriously. N2.

Hardly the age that I expect to be doing homework with him.

But on the last school day the last week, I was erm, pleasantly surprised to see a little envelope from the teachers.

20120408_204809

And a little homework for Mummy. I mean, Jayvon.

20120408_204739 

It was a simple exercise but as I am a rookie homework-Mummy, I probably forgot one vital aspect.

Always do homework early. Always.

20120408_204546 

We started on this project after dinner, and while it went well at first (for the first part – the cutting of the squares, cos Jay always loves using the scissors), when it came to applying the glue and sticking on the parts… it was a matter of whine (his) against will (mine).

After sticking the first 2 squares…

Jay: Mummy, you do for me.

Mummy: You’re supposed to do it, you know.

Jay:I don’t want to do it. I am tired. *cue the fake yawn*

Mummy: But what if teacher asks you tomorrow if you did the work, are you going to say Mummy did it?

Jay: Sigh. Rubs eyes. Looks so tired. Slowly continues the task.

Mummy softens: Alright, I help you with the glue? You tell me which colours to use?

Jay brightens: OK! Green now.

Mummy applies glue.

Jay glares at Mummy: Wrong side Mummy! See! (He wants to stick cut-mark side up)

Mummy inwardly rolls her eyes: Ooops, sorry. Okay, I do properly next time.

Four more squares later…

Jay: Ok, I go watch TV now.

Mummy: HAH? A few more and we’re done, and we can BOTH go and watch TV together.

Jay sighs again, and rubs his eyes.

20120408_204553 

Slowly but surely, we trudged our way and finally made it to the end!

My first homework with Jay.

*pat on the back for Mummy*

No comments: