Friday, July 13, 2012

Of a mummy and Neoprint machine

It was one of our usual Thursday nights. Bringing the kids out for dinner. We ended up at 112 Katong’s Charly T’s again (I missed the juicy chicken so!), and after dinner, we all casually wandered into the TimeZone arcade that was just beside the restaurant.

And lo-and-behold, we saw a blast from our past. Okay, the word “past” might not really cut it. History – maybe more like it.

A neoprint machine.

Gosh, I wish I took a photo of it! Haha! But with hands encumbered with an active four-year-old and a newly walking almost-two-year-old, it is hard to even whip out my handphone for a quick snap. In fact, it is hard to even pick up calls from the time I get off work to the time the kids call it a night. My very own “blackout” period.

And on the spur of the moment, I turned to my younger sis and told her we’re going to take a neoprint!

Xavier was the easier prey target. I just grabbed him into the spacious booth. Jay was happily jumping around outside the booth, and my hubby took the opportunity to also bow out. Humph… But it was so… youthful just choosing which psychedelic and neon-coloured backgrounds to have!

In the end, we chose 8 different backgrounds and had to take 8 different shots.

And with a wriggly boy and Jay running in and out of the booth, it was tougher than it looks.

IMG_7825

Out of 8 shots, we finally managed to catch one with half of Jay in! He even “decorated” the photo with his name.

IMG_7826

Parenting milestone… the kids’ first neoprint! (At least I had one semi-willing, not-much-choice-anyway boy)

Now… for a family neoprint shot? Hahaha!

1 comment:

Madeline Heng said...

Woo I should totally do this! I used to force my then-bf-now-hubby to take couple neoprints with me! Lol