Thursday, March 11, 2010

UNDERRATED LOYALTY

I had a long conversation with some friends on quite some time ago. Just chatting under the night sky, with a cup of tea in hand. I am not sure what brought it on, but I started talking about loyalty.

Loyalty’s underrated.

That is the gist of my short and sudden tirade.

That this concept of “Loyalty” seems to be replaced by other lesser concepts, like “Self” or so-called “Healthy Skepticism” (which can be a whole new blog post of mine, man!) or “Transparency”… To me, loving someone and being loyal to that one goes hand in hand. How can you say you love someone without maintaining loyalty?

Napoleon Hill once declared: “Lack of loyalty is one of the major causes of failures in every walk of life.”

Proverbs 3:3 (NLT) says: “Never let loyalty and kindness get away from you! Wear them like a necklace; write them deep within your heart. “

What loyalty am I speaking of?

Loyalty to your spouse, to your family… to love and protect them.

Loyalty to your employers and your employees… to not slander or talk bad about them behind their backs or do things that are to their detriment.

Loyalty to your church… God placed you there for a reason and a purpose. Under that leader, and under that pastor. Be loyal. Love the man of God. Love the Church. Don’t backstab or say silly, frivolous things under the banner of “asking questions”. How old are you? 10? Ask the right questions to the right people in the right environment. I am not advocating blind following. I am advocating HONOR.

No comments: