Sunday, September 04, 2011

Meet the newest Smurf in town

Thanks to the good folks at Fraser Malls & Siren-Communication, a special Smurfs event was held on Saturday at Northpoint Shopping Centre. I was very happy to have the chance to go, and also to invite some of my readers along as well!

I miscalculated the distance it would take for me to reach the mall, and we were 15 minutes late! *blush* So didn’t really have time to catch my breath, as I raced to the rooftop playground of the mall with Jay in tow!

The task was real simple. Each kid was given a Smurf, a box of acrylic paints and a paintbrush, and mats were also given (so that we wouldn’t dirty the nice playground floor). And each kid had 30 minutes to flex their creative muscle to paint their Smurf, and the best 5 Smurfs would walk away with prizes too!

I should have brought Jay to the Smurfs movie beforehand. This is how I remember my beloved Smurfs…

image image

image image

But Jay had other plans.

For the past two days, I was gently reminding him that Smurfs were blue. He saw the posters and the movie billboards – blue Smurfs.

And at first, he was compliant.

IMG_4222IMG_4223

But then he decided blue didn’t cut it.

And asked me to squeeze out the black paint.

IMG_4232 

And he really got into painting! The Smurf was 98% painted by him, and I was just the Smurf holder, and helped to fill in some of the edges for him.

IMG_4234

When asked by the host why he decided to paint his Smurf black, my boy’s reply… “Because the Smurf tripped and fell. And got blood.”

If he weren’t so sunshine, I’d seriously be concerned.

IMG_4228

So many familiar faces around! And loads of happy kids engaging in some messsssy paintwork!

IMG_4252

IMG_4256

Jay was probably the first kid to be done (no surprises, since it was all black!) and he kept himself entertained by whizzing around the playground many, many times. Many, many, many times.

IMG_4271

In part due to his dry wit and also cos he did a pretty good job in coating the Smurf in black, Jay was one of the 5 winners of the Best Smurf of the Day! He named his Smurf… BLACKIE. No shocker there.

Here’re some of the other awesome Smurfs!

smurf

And how can I end without a close-up of Jay’s Smurf?

Say hi to Blackie, all. :)

IMG_4258

No comments: