Wednesday, July 21, 2010

With kids, men and women migrate to Jupiter

This would be the title of my new book.

If I ever write a book, that is.

Which I hardly see happening anytime in this lifetime.

But hey, if I did, I’d probably write this one.

Unless of course, there is already a book with this title out there?l

Is there?

I wouldn’t know.

Cos I’ve not stepped into the NON-children’s section of a bookstore for, well, 3 years.

But I haven’t read any non-fiction book in ages.

Unless the Twilight series is considered?

But anyhow, seeing how I hardly read nowadays, it is little wonder I won’t be writing any book soon.

Obviously, my soon-to-be-written-once-I-get-my-butt-to-it book is a pun on that famous book.

Don’t tell me you don’t get it.

It’s either I don’t tell a pun like I used to (oh so very well, I might add).

Or you are a worse-off bookstore noob than I.

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus.

Obviously.

But see, once a man and a woman marries, and all that initial Mars-Venus issues are resolved, there comes Junior.

Or Juniors, for some.

And then man and woman are kidnapped migrate to a brand new land.

I bring you… Jupiter.

Where the rules are totally different.

And sleep deprivation marks your day.

A wise parent once told me,

“You never know how much you don’t need to sleep,

till you have to wake up five times a night,

and get to work early in the morning.”

There is a correlation.

Between the number of times you have to wake up in the middle of the night to a screaming/crying/hungry child.

And the number of times you press that snooze button on that alarm in the morning.

It’s almost scientific.

Sure there are times when you may get up three times in the night and yet in the morning feel totally refreshed.

But other mornings where a bad night’s sleep or an ill child hits you worse than your worst hangover.

Not that I even remember how a hangover feels like.

But sleep deprivation? That wooziness and lightheaded-ness is as close as we can get.

No comments: